JOB TITLE: DRIVER
CONTRACT TYPE: 6 MONTHS CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: PEROMNES 14
REPORTING TO: SUPERVISOR: FACILITIES
LOCATION: CENTRAL OFFICE, SUNNINGHILL, JHB.
Reporting directly to the Supervisor: Facilities, the Driver is responsible to ensure efficient and effective driving and messenger services including delivery of goods for NHBRC.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Receive and verify delivery requests from NHBRC staff
- Collect parcels and mail as requested and ensure accurate and timeous delivery
- Update delivery report
- Transport Executives and Manager to external meetings and venues as required
- Log all transport requests on monthly transport report
- Confirm pick up and drop off details with requester
- Identify and assist in the purchase of new vehicles
- Book vehicles for service maintenance
- Ensure vehicles are kept clean and roadworthy
- Collect mail as required
- Register all incoming mail in the mail book
- Post mail to addressee and record and stamp all outgoing mail
- Ensure bank guarantees are signed and send proof of signed bank guarantee relevant department.
- Verify banking deposits and check register.
- Ensure all tracking numbers are accounted for to ensure no loss in goods.
- Prioritise all docex packages according to department.
- Collection of monthly and filing of monthly expense slips.
- Request for bank authorization on behalf of finance
- Process all documentation according to company policies and procedures as well as document control principals, within specified set time frames to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate the filing, storage and security of documents.
- Responsible for Car registration, licensing and traffic fines
- Maintain all necessary records
- Renewal applications on behalf of the company and ensure all ownership documents are in order
- Ensure that functional deliverables are executed in compliance with the rules and legal regulations as well as specified turnaround time.
- Consult with business units regarding the needs and issues of vehicles which need to be addressed and ensure timeous and effective resolution.
- Understand the specifications of the required vehicles to be procured, coordinate the purchase of vehicles
- Respond and resolve queries and advise on related policies and procedures.
- Compile and submit statistical reports, files and relevant records related to maintenance, repairs, depreciation, mileage, etc.
- Collect, review, and maintain monthly vehicle usage reports
- Provide reports, as requested, to the PM Travel Model, EM: CS & Manager: Facilities.
- Assure organizational compliance with timely accident and vehicle damage reporting requirements, vehicle safety inspections, and emissions inspections.
- Relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain productive relations with internal and external customers.
- Build, manage and maintain healthy diverse workable internal relations and implement remedial actions where required.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers and stakeholders on relevant matters
- Grade 12
- An appropriate Tertiary Qualification in Facilities Management Advantageous
- Minimum (2) years administration experience within an Office Administration/Facilities Management environment Advantageous
- Minimum (3- 5) years driving experience
- Valid Driver’s License
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 6- months fixed term contract.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Mr. Nkosenhle Duma Tel: (011) 317 0168
CLOSING DATE: 17 March 2023
Please email your CV to email@example.com with “Temporary Driver” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.