JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE MANAGER: CORPORATE SERVICES
CONTRACT TYPE: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: COMPETITIVE SALARY ALIGNED TO NHBRC SALARY GRADES
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
LOCATION: CENTRAL OFFICE, SUNNINGHILL JHB
The purpose of the Executive Manager: Corporate Services is to lead, direct and provide strategic guidance, advisory and support services to the National Home Builders Registration Council with regards to Corporate Services.
Please note that this is a readvertisement of the position and candidates fitting the criteria are encouraged to reapply.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Provide strategic leadership within the following operating areas, Human Capital, Change Management, Social Transformation & Empowerment Training, Communication, Marketing & Stakeholder Relations, Facilities Management and Corporate Law.
- Oversee the development of an effective short, medium- and long-term strategy of the Corporate Services Division.
- Develop, lead, and guide the development and implementation of Corporate Services strategy and plans in line with the NHBRC strategic objectives.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of Corporate Services Division Performance Plans as aligned to the organizational Performance Plans.
- Accountability for the overall financial management of the Corporate Services Division in line with approved divisional budgets.
- Lead and direct Corporate Services staff in fostering a healthy work environment of high ethical standards and full compliance with laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Accountable for providing leadership and communicating the vision/goals of the Corporate Services Division as aligned to the NHBRC mandate.
- Lead and direct Corporate Services Division strategies, policies, procedures, and/or frameworks to ensure the Incorporation of digital innovation in the execution of the NHBRC mandate.
- Provide strategic leadership within the Human Capital Management function in the development and implementation of appropriate HC Strategies, policies, and procedures aligned with NHBRC objectives.
- Oversee and facilitate Human Capital Strategy, organisational effectiveness and wellness initiatives for the organisation.
- Oversee workforce planning to ensure NHBRC is suitably staffed to meet objectives considering various internal and external factors.
- Oversee the execution of Strategic Human Capital projects and successful implementation thereof.
- Oversee the procurement of Human Capital related goods and services to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Develop and implement an appropriate Facilities Management Strategy aligned to the objectives of the NHBRC.
- Responsible for the compiling and Implementation of the Facilities Management implementation plan and the execution of specific projects as outlined by the Facilities Management Plan in support of the achievement of the NHBRC objectives.
- Implement a suitable Management Operating System by means of forecasting, planning, scheduling, reviewing, and improving regularly.
- Develop and implement a Change Management strategy for the NHBRC.
- Oversee all organisation-wide Change Management initiatives.
- Strengthen the organizational culture and values by monitoring the alignment of employee engagement and behaviour with the values of the organization.
- Responsible for the development of culture assessments within the organisation and evaluate the results.
- Drive the organizational values through change management.
- Develop and implement Internal/external Communication and Stakeholder Management Strategy.
- Develop sound strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders within the organisation and outside the organisation to serve the interest of the organisation.
- Establish and monitor healthy diverse workable internal and external relations and implement remedial actions where required, in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Conduct periodic internal customer surveys to benchmark corporate service offerings.
- Implement a suitable Management Operating System by means of forecasting, planning, scheduling, reviewing, and improving regularly
- Develop and implement an appropriate Social Transformation and Training Strategy aligned to the objectives of the NHBRC.
- Responsible for the compiling and Implementation of the Social Transformation and Training implementation plan and the execution of specific projects as outlined by the Facilities Management Plan in support of the achievement of the NHBRC objectives.
- Drive the provision of sound legal advice and litigation support to the organisation
- Drive the provision of legislative services and contracts management to the organisation.
- Ensure effective and efficient delivery of projects within the Corporate Services division.
- Identify and proactively manage internal and external factors impacting on the projects within the Corporate Services Division.
- Apply best practices in the delivery of the projects.
- Ensure relevant governance structure for the projects within Corporate Services.
- Ensure compliance to internal standards by business units relating to good business practice.
- Ensure that the governance gaps in areas of responsibility are addressed and aligned with the standards.
- Respond to Audit findings and ensure there are controls in place.
- Develop and implement Audit and Risk controls.
- Oversee the management of the risk register in areas of responsibility.
- Advocate an Ethical culture within NHBRC.
- Compile and present Reports to Council, relevant Council subcommittees, EXCO and CEO.
- Develop and implement appropriate systems and processes aimed at the execution of the strategic financial objectives.
- Interpret the business plan and develop a functional budget aimed at achieving the approved objectives (operational, capex, and employee budgets).
- Implement and manage the approved budgets, report variances, and monitor the implementation of remedial actions to minimize impact.
- Establish and monitor healthy diverse workable external relations and implement remedial actions where required, in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Conduct periodic customer surveys to benchmark corporate service offerings.
- A Postgraduate degree in a discipline such as Industrial Psychology / Business Management / Business Administration / Human Resources Management / Legal.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Master of Business Leadership will be an added advantage.
- Minimum ten (10) years Corporate Services experience which must include experience in the following disciplines: Human Capital, Change Management, Social Transformation & Empowerment Training, Communication, Marketing & Stakeholder Relations, Facilities Management, and Corporate Law.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience operating at Senior Management or Executive Management level.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed-term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Ms. Bathabile Gabaza Tel: (011) 317 0142
CLOSING DATE: 2 April 2023
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Manager: Corporate Services” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of alignment to the requirement of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates shall be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.