JOB TITLE: MANAGER: INTERNAL AUDIT
CONTRACT TYPE: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: COMPETITIVE SALARY ALIGNED TO NHBRC SALARY GRADES
REPORTING TO: CHIEF AUDIT EXECUTIVE
The Manager Internal Audit is responsible for providing independent and objective assurance and advisory services to the NHBRC on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance, risk, and compliance processes that contribute to the NHBRC performance and sustainability.
- The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Provide input into the development of Internal Audit Strategy.
- Provide input into the development of Risk Based Annual Audit Plan and a Three-Year Rotational Plan.
- Provide input into the development of the Audit Charter.
- Implement the strategy resource plan that delivers and aligns to organisational goals.
- Review all planning for audit engagements.
- Prepare periodic activity reports on audit performance.
- Align strategy, execution, and performance management for Internal Audit.
- Directly oversee the implementation of the annual audit plan.
- Assist CAE in the review and approval of the scope of audits and audit procedures to be used for internal auditors.
- Manage and monitor the external service providers implementation plan as per the SLA.
- Conduct surveys on operations, functions or activities and gather information on key business risks.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls designed to manage key business risks from the audit perspective.
- Evaluate strengths and opportunities for improvement with management and develop recommendations for implementation.
- Share and promote discussion on emerging business and industry audit issues and their impact on business from risk, governance, and control perspective and identify and recommend strategies to respond to them.
- Leverage on technology to enhance quality, effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Conduct reviews of reports submitted by Audit Teams.
- Conduct special audits as requested by EXCO, ARCO or Council Committees.
- Overseeing the implementation of mitigating actions on Auditor General and Internal Audit findings.
- Review all draft audit reports from Audit Teams.
- Compile special audit reports including Ethics, Risk Management compliance other Ad-hoc requests.
- Communicate to MANCO and Business Units as to the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, reliability of financial reporting, and compliance with applicable laws and regulations via concise, effective audit reports and other ad hoc communications.
- Report on Internal Audit performance quarterly, based on the corporate scorecard.
- Development of appropriate policies, procedures, frameworks and process flows to guide audit function for CAE approval.
- Ensure implementation of the Internal Audit Charter.
- Manage the full implementation of the quality assurance program.
- Oversee implementation of combined assurance in the organisation.
- Develop a functional budget aimed at achieving the approved objectives of the section for CAE approval.
- Implement appropriate controls and effectively manage the approved budgets, report variances, and monitor the implementation of remedial actions.
- Analyse operations for improvement in efficiencies and cost savings.
- Build client relationships by demonstrating professionalism and facilitate communication and constructive response to client needs.
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with team members and others by demonstrating productivity, initiative and flexibility.
- Provide Internal Audit awareness interventions to management on issues of governance, risk and controls.
- Support the CAE in ensuring that a functional combined assurance committee is in place and regular meetings as per combined assurance model.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication and systems of reporting within the organization.
- Make presentations on Internal Audit activities at MANCO and other committees as requested.
- Conduct customer service survey after Audit engagement.
- Liaise with external auditors on audit matters.
- A Bachelor’s degree (NQF7) in Internal Auditing.
- Must be a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Minimum of seven (7) years auditing experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience at supervisory or management level.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Ms. Bathabile Gabaza Tel: (011) 317 0142
CLOSING DATE: 13 May 2023
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager: Internal Audit” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.