JOB TITLE: MANAGER: STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
CONTRACT TYPE: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: COMPETITIVE SALARY ALIGNED TO NHBRC SALARY GRADES
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE MANAGER: CORPORATE SERVICES
The Manager Stakeholder Relations, Marketing and Communications (SRMC) is responsible for leading the Stakeholders Relations, Marketing and Communications team in continually enhancing the NHBRC image, increasing brand awareness, and provide leadership in positioning the NHBRC brand as a world class regulator through advertisements, media, point-of sale, partnerships, and managing stakeholder relationship including Corporate Social Investment Projects (CSI). The position is further responsible for educating housing consumers and home builders on their rights and obligations. The Manager Stakeholder Relations, Marketing and Communications is an official spokesperson of the NHBRC.
- The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Provide input into the development of strategy for the Stakeholder Relations, Marketing and Communications Section
- Develop and implement a strategic resource plan that delivers and aligns to organisational goals.
- Support the company wide initiatives and the change management process.
- Manage external service providers to achieve strategic objectives.
- Provide voice of the customer insight through periodic surveys in order to improve customer experience.
- Protect the reputation of the organisation through media monitoring and engagement.
- Manage communication across all media and generate newsworthy editorial.
- Manage the implementation communication content across multiple internal and external channels/publications.
- Manage the development and implementation of organisational brand and corporate identity manual.
- Manage and evaluate the positioning of the brand in the industry and establish brand awareness programs.
- Ensure correct implementation of the corporate identity manual.
- Development and implementation of brand policy.
- Oversee the development, management and implementation of advertising campaigns.
- Develop and implement branding of housing development sites.
- Develop and implement the branding of all NHBR offices.
- Develop, print and distribute NHBRS collateral, i.e., corporate brochures.
- Develop, produce and distribute corporate strategic documents, i.e., annual report, annual performance plan and strategic corporate plan.
- Development, implementation and review of policies and procedures for the Section in line with relevant legislation and best practice.
- Respond to Audit findings timeously.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Create and advocate an ethical culture within area of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and ensure good corporate governance.
- Participate in policy formulation forums, steering committees, task teams and standing committees, to ensure consistency and fair practice.
- Develop monthly/quarterly and annually sectional reports.
- Provide input into the development of Stakeholder Management strategy.
- Implement, monitor and review organisation-wide stakeholder management strategy and plan.
- Oversee the Coordination of the CEO Annual Road shows.
- Drive implementation of annual internal and external customers satisfaction/engagement survey
- Monitor implementation of sponsorships.
- Provide advisory service to EXCO, MANCO and related Council committees on corporate shareholder/stakeholder issues.
- Proactively identify Corporate Communication business support needs.
- Ensure approval of shareholder relation implementation plan.
- Work closely within divisions to support specific business unit’s communication needs.
- Manage strategic events aimed at enhancing shareholder/stakeholder engagement.
- Represent the organisation including the shareholder at customer service forums as directed by the CEO and Council.
- Provide input into the development of Media Management and public Relations strategy.
- Implementation of Media and Public Relations strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of Operational Media Management Plans.
- Respond to all media queries and acts as official spokesperson for NHBRC.
- Interpret media monitoring report.
- Coach leadership on media engagement techniques.
- Develop, review and recommend speeches drafted for leadership.
- Develop and implement crisis communication strategy.
- Provide input into the development of Digital Media strategy.
- Develop implementation plans for digital media strategy.
- Ensure accurate information is published on digital media platform
- Optimize searchability of NHBRC channels
- Promote the use of digital platforms for ease of doing business with NHBRC
- Development and implementation of social media campaigns
- Manage external service providers
- Increase engagement with customers on all digital platforms
- Ensure positive reputation management on digital platforms
- Provide input into the development of CSI Strategy
- Development and implementation plan of CSI strategy
- Development and implementation of CSI and sponsorship policy and procedures.
- Implementation and Monitoring of CSI Projects
- Identify and facilitate sponsorships.
- Interpret business plan and develop a functional budget aimed at achieving the approved objectives (operational, capex and employee budget).
- Implement and effectively manage the approved budget, report variances, and monitor the implementation of remedial actions to minimise impact.
- Manage all external contracts and associated budgets.
- Develop and manage CSI budget within own area of responsibility.
- Negotiate with external service providers to realise cost saving.
- Must hold an appropriate bachelors (NQF 7) degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in the marketing and communications field.
- Minimum five (5) years in a supervisory or management level role.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Ms. Bathabile Gabaza Tel: (011) 317 0142
CLOSING DATE: 08 June 2023
Please email your CV to email@example.com with “Manager: Stakeholder Relations, Marketing And Communications” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.