JOB TITLE: MANAGER: TRAINING AND STEP
CONTRACT TYPE: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: COMPETITIVE SALARY ALIGNED TO NHBRC SALARY GRADES
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE MANAGER: CORPORATE SERVICES
The Manager: STEP and Training is responsible for the development and execution of Skills Development and Empowerment of emerging home builders, technical professionals, and previously disadvantaged groups in the home building sector.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Provide input into the development of STEP and Training strategy.
- Develop, monitor and review implementation of STEP and Training Strategy.
- Ensure all STEP and Training plans are aligned with the Corporate and STEP and Training Strategy.
- Report on the programmes, project performances of the STEP and Training Section to Council and Department of Human Settlements in line with requirements.
- Work with Senior Management to develop the organization’s vision for Training of Home Builders and Home Inspectors (Internal and External).
- Developing, in consultation with management, the Institution and the National Department of Human Settlement Training Framework
- Strategically & effectively position the STEP and Training Section to be the driver of compliance to Home Building standards to both Home Builders and Inspectors (Technical Competency).
- Monitor changes within the statutory provisions and national Building regulations (standards) and develop training programmes.
- Provide oversight on the implementation and monitoring and review of STEP and Training programs, systems and processes.
- Provide leadership and communicate the vision on all matters relating to STEP and Training.
- Plan training to support internal and external customer needs
- Conduct assessment and identification of the NHBRC’s training and development needs, primarily at the technical level and for the effective coordination of training and development programs for the business.
- Plan, organize, and lead training programs, ensuring proper execution at all provinces of the NHBRC.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new training programs and initiatives, ensuring that these programs and initiatives are consistent with the business overall strategies, objectives, and needs
- Manages the development of high quality training programs and materials including innovative building technologies, outlines, text, handouts, hands-on exercises and training evaluations.
- Establishes processes to monitor results of training participants and collect feedback on training instructors to determine effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Assess and manage any contractors utilized to deliver specialized training.
- Implement different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching.
- Conduct analysis of ongoing programs in order to ensure that quality training is provided to business departments and that there is a constant improvement in training programs and initiatives and make recommendations.
- Ensure all NHBRC registered Home Builders training programmes are implemented and monitored.
- Assist home builders through technical training in order achieve and to maintain satisfactory technical standards of new homes.
- Support and coordinate enterprise development and incubation programs.
- Implement the Women Empowerment Programme to support the development of women entrepreneurs with Business/ Enterprise Development Skills.
- Implement capacity initiatives to support Business Units through Internships and Graduate Programs that create employment opportunities for young graduates.
- Implement disability initiatives within the various business units and external stakeholders.
- Implement support programs for military veterans to participate in the human settlements value chain.
- Monitor and report on empowerment programs in line with NHBRC governance.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and frameworks relating to STEP and Training.
- Ensure all corporate governance matters are dealt with through ensuring appropriate tools and systems are in place.
- Present transformation report to the relevant governance structures and internal stakeholders, highlighting legislation changes that have a potential significant impact to the organisation.
- Respond to Audit queries and implement remedial plans.
- Manage and monitor STEP and Training risk register.
- Compile consolidate and present STEP and Training report for MANCO, EXCO and Council committees and Council.
- Monitor transformation implementation in line with transformation charter.
- Develop, monitor and manage unit budget and resources.
- Monitor implementation of budget.
- Ensure that expenditure is in line with budget requirement.
- Interpret business plan and develop a functional budget aimed at achieving the approved objectives (operational capex and labour budgets).
- Implement and effectively manage the approved budgets, report variances and monitor the implementation of remedial actions to minimise impact.
- Procure and safeguard assets of the ETD Section.
- Establish and monitor healthy diverse workable internal and external relations.
- Develop strategic alliances and partnerships with all relevant stakeholders and effectively communicate in order to promote and advance the NHBRC’s vision, mission and mandate.
- Participate and lead the NHBRC’s participation in strategic stakeholder engagement and management as well as relevant interventions aimed at boosting relations with relevant structures.
- Achieve stakeholder buy-in for company-wide transformation project.
- Provide relevant and specialised technical support to applicable stakeholders.
- Collaborate with various line managers and executives to implement programs targeted at designated groups.
- Proactively identify and engage individual experts, as well as relevant, organisations/interest groups, that can help frame and advance NHBRC STEP and Training programs.
- Play advocacy role by representing NHBRC in relevant forums to promote transformation plans.
- Respond to stakeholder requests and queries on transformation initiatives.
- Represent the NHBRC at all relevant external forums and committees.
- Develop funding proposals for NHBRC STEP and Training initiatives.
- Manage and report on the project funding budget utilisation.
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder engagement sessions to build relationships that will financially support the STEP and Training initiatives
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications to promote awareness of STEP and Training programs
- Provide content for various publications to promote and report on STEP and Training initiatives.
- Must hold an appropriate bachelors (NQF 7) preferably in Business Management or humanities.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in training and development, preferably in the building industry.
- Minimum five (5) years in a supervisory or management level role.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Ms. Bathabile Gabaza Tel: (011) 317 0142
CLOSING DATE: 13 May 2023
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager: Training & STEP” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.