JOB TITLE: REGIONAL ENGINEER: KWA ZULU NATAL
CONTRACT TYPE: 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: PEROMNES 5
REPORTING TO: TECHNICAL AND INSPECTORATE MANAGER
Perform engineering duties in planning, designing and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities. Responsible for organizing, designing, managing and carrying out research projects for green building technologies and conventional and innovative building systems and technologies to enhance the service offerings of the organization.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare engineering designs based on engineering first principals.
- Evaluate and do risk assessment on rational designs associated with enrolments and remedial work proposals.
- Ensure that the correct and specified materials are applied as per engineer’s design.
- Ensure that all NHBRC business activities are conducted in accordance with company policies and legislation.
- Evaluate remedial work progress on a weekly basis and report progress and/or delays to the National Technical and Inspectorate Manager.
- Advice and guide the Department of Human Settlements on all matters that are of interest to the NHBRC on Subsidy enrolments.
- Develop frameworks, guidelines and policies to promote innovative building technologies (IBT) in human settlements.
- Contribute to the development of Quality Control Manuals for IBT.
- Provide guidance on methodologies for forensic engineering investigations.
- Participate in the development of technical standards for new warranty products.
- Develop technical publications and training materials.
- Provide advice to technical staff as required.
- Present technical publications at conferences, workshops and industry technical committees.
- Liaise with stakeholders and deal with queries as they arise.
- Provide contributions to the review and development of technical policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Identify and advise about possible intervention strategies for the NHBRC.
- Assist the NHBRC Quantity Surveyors with the preparation of tenders for new projects.
- Provide relevant support to applicable stakeholders to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Review and approve or reject documents submitted for enrolled projects.
- Resolve problems as they are encountered to ensure achievement against plan.
- Control and assess structural quality management within scope of work to ensure standard adherences.
- BSc. Civil Engineering Hons.
- Registration as Pr. Eng with ECSA.
- Post graduate qualification in civil / structural / geotechnical engineering advantageous.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in structural engineering research and structural engineering modelling and design.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 5-year fixed term contract with a Total Cost To Company package.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Ms. Bathabile Gabaza Tel: (011) 317 0142
CLOSING DATE: 17 March 2023
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Engineer: Kwa Zulu Natal” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.