JOB TITLE: SPECIALIST: PAYROLL AND BENEFITS
CONTRACT TYPE: 12 MONTHS CONTRACT
JOB GRADE: PEROMNES 7
REPORTING TO: MANAGER: HUMAN CAPITAL
LOCATION: CENTRAL OFFICE, SUNNINGHILL, JHB.
The purpose of the Payroll and Benefits Specialist is to oversee and manage the operation of the NHBRC’s Remuneration and Benefits division. To ensure that Remuneration, Payroll and Employee Benefits Administration are performed effectively and in line with business needs.
The Individual will primarily be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement annual budget for the Payroll and Benefits Section.
- Maintain costing information for the Payroll and Benefits Section.
- Maintain Service Levels Agreements.
- Comply with Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll through performing monthly income statement and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Post Monthly payroll journal to Finance and subsequent clearing journals.
- Analyse outstanding items and provide clearing actions.
- Ensures all payments to staff, SARS, Department of Labour, and other payroll-related vendors are accurate and paid on time.
- Managing all monthly, bi-annual, and annual statutory returns, i.e. EMP201, EMP501, IRP5’s, IT3A’s, UIF, SDL, COIDA.
- Ensure NHBRC’s Leave Liability Report is reconciled accurately and submitted timeously.
- Monitor and recommend initiatives aimed at reducing NHBRC’s Leave Liability costs.
- Prepare and submit reports on remuneration and benefits benchmarking exercises, and other assignments as required.
- Prepares and submits the necessary data in order to participate in identified salary surveys.
- Ensures survey data is accurate and relevant.
- Critically analyse remuneration practices and provide reports as required.
- Develop an implementation plan on recommendations from Benchmarking exercise.
- Develop and manage effective payroll administration procedures and systems.
- Manage and monitor the delivery of all payroll-related activities in a timeous manner.
- Ensure that all staff is paid accurately and on the defined pay dates.
- Ensure data integrity of all payroll data and provide stakeholders with relevant information and reports pertaining to payroll.
- Manage annual and off-cycle payroll processes: Annual Bonus Payments and Annual Salary Increases.
- Performs final review and verification of all payrolls and related payments.
- Ensure NHBRC benefit funds and schemes are efficiently administered and operate according to company policy, statutory and fund requirements.
- Ensure that new developments regarding benefit funds and schemes are communicated to all employees.
- Liaise with Insurance companies, brokers, and administrators to ensure the proper administration for the company’s benefit funds and schemes.
- Ensure communication of benefits to all staff and managers, to facilitate an understanding of company benefits.
- Authorise all Employee Benefits related payments and ensure that the correct amounts are being paid to the correct stakeholder.
- Implement agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA) with line management based on deliverables and key measures.
- Liaise with IT to ensure that the payroll system is configured appropriately and is compliant with legislation in terms of e.g. TAX, UIF, SDL.
- Ensure business requirements are implemented on ERP System.
- Test and Sign off any ERP system changes on QA and Production environments.
- Conduct training sessions with end-users on all HCM ERP system modules.
- Manage and ensure implementation of an effective HC filing and record-keeping system for all HC-related information and employee data in accordance with the NHBRC’s policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Manage and develop the necessary controls to check accuracy and confidentiality of employee records and archives and that HC information is maintained at all times.
- Manage the audit process of employee files ensuring completeness.
- Manage the archiving process of documents and files stored in the filing room.
- Responsible for preparing monthly and quarterly reports relating to remuneration and benefits.
- Develops special reports for senior management on request.
- Identify risks within Remuneration and Benefits and conduct periodic audits (monthly, quarterly, annually) to monitor adherence to payroll-related practices, policies, and procedures. Take the appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure that all audit findings and risks relating to the remuneration and benefits function are addressed and mitigated
- Implement controls to ensure that all findings raised are addressed and resolved.
- Develop review and workshop policies, procedures, process flows, and Frameworks to ensure legal compliance with government regulations.
- Provide input into overall Human Capital Strategy and Operational Plan.
- Execute operational programmes for Payroll and Benefits based on overall Human Capital operational plan.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Payroll and Benefits and Records Management.
- Conduct functional workshops related to remuneration and benefits policies and procedures to ensure compliance and awareness
- Ensure compliance with all HR policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary.
- Maintain effective and efficient relationships with external service providers to improve operating efficiencies.
- Communicate and educate employees regarding remuneration and benefits policies, systems, and practices.
- Provide expert and professional advice on all remuneration-related issues.
- Investigate and resolve all escalated queries within the area of responsibility.
- Communicate changes in legislative policies and facilitate changes applicable to Payroll and Benefits processes.
- Ensures Payroll and Benefits staff are available to conduct induction sessions on remuneration.
- Three (3) year degree (NQF Level 7) in Payroll Management, Human Resource Management, Finance or Business Administration.
- Five years’ experience in Payroll Management of which three years should be in a supervisory role.
- Prior experience in HR practices and compensation cycle management.
- Adequate knowledge of current labour rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with various types of incentives and benefits.
- Extensive experience of SAP payroll system.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office (Advanced).
- GRP (Global Remuneration Certification).
The above-mentioned position will be offered on a 12 – months fixed term contract.
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes. Mr. Jabulani Ntshani Tel: (011) 317 0496
CLOSING DATE: 16 March 2023
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Specialist : Payroll and Benefits (Temp)” in the subject line. Applicants are informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within 1 month after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful.
Disclaimer: The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan. The NHBRC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Candidates will be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments. In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the National Home Builders Registration Council is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.